Do I have to forwad all my mail if I get an officeBOX?
No. You don’t have to forward any mail to your officeBOX if you don’t choose to. In fact you can give the officeBOX address to only a handful of your customers or vendors etc of your choice. However, because you get a street address with mail shipping and receiving capabilities with us, we as a Certified Mail Receiving Agency with US Post Office, have to submit your formal I.D. information (USPS form 1583) to the USPS. Other than that, USPS will never deliver mail here if you did not forward your address with them.
If you live overseas, you may have difficulty finding a notary. Banks and embassies normally provide notary service. Both U.S. and non-U.S. notary seals are accepted. If finding a notary proves impossible, you can go through a lawyer or bank official who can sign or stamp an official seal on the form. Government seals are also acceptable.
Following is a list of acceptable IDs as listed on the form:
- Valid driver’s license or state non-driver’s identification card
- Recognized corporate ID (your work ID)
- Student ID
- Passport, alien registration card (aka “green card”), certificate of naturalization
- Current lease, mortgage, or deed of trust
- Voter or vehicle registration card
- Home, health, or vehicle insurance policy
Social security cards, credit cards, and birth certificates are NOT acceptable forms of identification.