Supplemental or Secondary ID

If you do not have a valid driver’s license or state ID OR if for some reason the Passport
Agency has requested that you provide additional proof of identity, you will need to
provide copies of secondary ID. While 2-3 of these items is sometimes sufficient, the
Passport Agency sometimes wants to see 5-10 of the items below. All documents
submitted will be considered, including any type of ID that has expired, such as a driver’s
license or state ID. We recommend over-preparing by including as many of the below as
possible to prevent delays in your service.

  • Professional ID card
  • Government ID card
  • Student ID card (high school or college)
  • Driver’s license
  • Military records
  • Selective service registration card
  • Union membership card
  • Military ID
  • Business Licenses
  • Professional licenses
  • Public assistance card
  • Marriage certificate
  • Divorce decrees
  • Grammar school diploma or transcript
  • Actual High school yearbook
  • Credit cards
  • Insurance policies/ cards/ claims/ statements
  • Expired passport
  • Baptismal certificate
  • Voter registration card
  • Vehicle registration card
  • Birth records
  • Census records
  • Property ownership records
  • Tax records

Remember, the more items that you can provide, the better your chances will be to have
the paperwork accepted and a passport issued.