officeLOCALE is a premier passport expediting service specializing in renewing your passports – Fast! We have your passports processed directly at the State Department through our liaison in Chicago so you can make your trip on time – even when you are a day away! Just follow the Steps below Or just come to our office and we will take care of it all here – including taking care of your :
- Passport Photos
- Live Scan Bio-metrics,
- Immigration Document Consulting
- Travel Authorizations
- Notary services + more…
officeLOCALE is your Ground Control for your Mobility!
This Is How It Works - Renewal Checklist Below:
- Is your passport still valid or did your passport expire less than 5 years ago?
- Is your passport in good condition and is in your possession?
- Was your passport issued in the U.S.A?
- Were you 16 years of age or older when your last U.S.A passport was issued? Was it valid for 10 years?
- IF YES TO ALL OF THE ABOVE, GO TO STEP 2
- Your Current Passport in your possession
DS-82 US Passport Renewal Application – We create it online when you are here.– Hand Written Applications WILL NOT Be Accepted by the Passport Agency –
– The US government now requires all applicants to list their social security number, even children. It is no longer permissible to enter a parent’s number or all zeros for this question.
- Passport Photos – We take your passport photos for submission.
- Effective Nov 1, 2016 no glasses allowed! Headbands and spaghetti straps are not permitted. Feel free to smile!
- Payment to the Government – Payable to: U.S. Department of State
- Personal check or money order made payable to U.S. Department of State. Checks written for any other amount than listed below will cause at least 1 business day delay. Temporary or starter checks are not accepted. Write the applicant’s name and date of birth in the memo section of the check. A $15 service fee will be charged in the event officeLOCALE needs to submit a replacement check
- Your Name Change Documents – If Applicable
- If your name has changed since your passport was issued, you need to provide proof of name change. Include an ORIGINAL document such as a marriage certificate and/or divorce decree that proves your name(s) was(were) legally changed. You will also need to include a copy of a valid photo ID that shows your new, changed name. If you do not have government issued ID or your ID is not 6 months old, you will need to submit supplemental ID. Original documents will be returned to you with your new passport. If you have not legally changed your name, make sure you list your name(s) the same way that you did on your previous passport. To prevent delays, sign all documents the same; if your signature varies, it could delay your service.
For RUSH SERVICE GO TO STEP 3
Bring All Documents Below + Step 2 Checklist
RUSH RENEWALS ONLY
- Complete and sign 2 ORIGINAL Letters of Authorization.
- Proof of Departure – Proof of departure can be any of the following:
- A copy of your airline ticket or flight itinerary from your travel agent, airline, or online booking company. A print out of he confirmation email that you are emailed after booking a flight is ideal.
- A signed letter detailing your business travel. Please follow this letter format
- A signed letter detailing that your job requires you to travel frequently and with short notice. Please follow this letter format
- A signed letter explaining that you will be driving to Canada and/or Mexico. Please follow this letter format
Your Passport and the 6 Month Validity Rule
FIRST TIME PASSPORTS
- You are applying for your first passport OR;
- It has been more than 15 years since your current passport was issued OR;
- If you were under age 16 when your previous passport was issued OR;
- If you’re previous passport was valid for 5 years or less.
- 6 Month Validity Rule
- How to Replace a Damaged Passport
- VISIT A PASSPORT ACCEPTANCE AGENT
- Collect all your documents listed below in the checklist in Step 2, and take them to a post office or county/city clerk to get the application executed by a “passport acceptance agent.” Find a Passport Acceptance Agentnear you, just enter in your zip code. officeLOCALE suggests calling ahead to the Acceptance Facility to confirm that the details on this website are accurate.
- Second: BRING ALL REQUIRED ITEMS (Listed in the Checklist in Step 2 below) TO officeLOCALE IF YOU ARE IN A RUSH. We can then begin your expedited service to get your First Time Passport in your hands within days of your requested time frame. The Passport Acceptance Agent is only used for FIRST TIME PASSPORTS ONLY. Renewals for passports expired within the last 5 years do not need a Passport Agent.
OfficeLOCALE Use Only
officeLocale’s website is designed to give you detailed instructions that will fully prepare you to apply for a visa or passport. Please make sure you read the instructions carefully and make sure to send us all of the requirements to ensure the fastest and most trouble-free service, and to prevent delays in processing. Contact Swift at 805.777.8866 if you have any questions or concerns about your application materials.Note: In order to checkout, you will need to check each item in the list below.
- Complete this form online, via the Department of State website and print it.
- Enter all information requested- missing information can cause delays
- Hand Written Applications WILL NOT Be Accepted by the Passport Agency- ALL forms must have a 2D barcode in the upper left hand portion of the document. Applications will be delayed if they are handwritten
- The US government now requires all applicants to list their social security number, even children. It is no longer permissible to enter a parent’s number or all zeros for this question.
- You will come to “Summary of Fees” page (only check $60 Expedite Fee & Passport Book Fee) & click SUBMIT
- on the next page, scroll to bottom and click CREATE FORM
- The completed DS-11 Passport Application form will open as a PDF document, PRINT THIS FORM (NO DOUBLE SIDED PRINTING)
- Printed application must look like the image below, with a 2D barcode in the upper left corner:
DO NOT SIGN THIS FORM YET, See below for detailed explanation of when you need to sign this form.
Photo Requirements: Photos must have been taken in the last 6 months, be 2 inches by 2 inches in size, and have white background with no patterns or background objects visible. Photo must be in color and be free of glare. Ears should be visible, and you must be facing forward. Effective Nov 1, 2016 no glasses allowed! Headbands and spaghetti straps are not permitted. Feel free to smile!
Please be sure to follow the OfficeLocale Photo Guidelines
If you have changed your name and it is different than the name listed on your birth certificate, please include an original court order that reflects your name change. This original document will be returned with your passport. If you have not legally changed your name, please note that you cannot indicate any name other than your legal name on your passport application.
Copy of both sides of your current valid driver’s license, government ID, state ID
- Photocopies are accepted- must be able to see photo and ID number
- Your ID must resemble your current appearence
- ID must be 6 months old or older.
- If you do not have government issued ID or your ID is not 6 months old, you will need to submit supplemental ID.
- You must provide an original or certified copy of your state issued U.S Long Form Birth Certificate, your original Certificate of Naturalization, or an expired passport that is undamaged and in good condition. This document will be returned to you with your passport. For information on how to obtain a certified copy of your birth certificate go to VitalChek
- Photocopies are not accepted, only original or certified copies will be accepted
- Certificate of Naturalization- Original PLUS photo copy of both sides is required
- Birth Records are not accepted (these often are small with hand and footprints and are issued by a hospital)
- Applicants born to US Citizens abroad will need to include a Birth Abroad Certificate
Complete and sign 2 identical Letters of Authorization. Download Letter of Authorization Here
One copy will go inside the sealed envelope and one should be attached to the outside of the envelope. If there is not a SECOND copy of the Letter of Authorization sent to OfficeLocale with the sealed envelope,the service will be delayed by at least 1 business day.
- Be sure to complete AND sign both pages
- Print Single Sided only. Passport Agency will not accept double sided forms
- Please complete form in black or blue ink. Passport Agency will not accept any other colored ink
Personal check or money order made payable to U.S. Department of State. Checks written for any other amount than listed below will cause at least 1 business day delay. Temporary or starter checks are not accepted. Write the applicant’s name and date of birth in the memo section of the check. A $10 service fee will be charged in the event Swift Passport Services needs to submit a replacement check.
- For a Passport Book only: $170
- For a Passport Book and Card: $200
- For a Passport Card only: $90
Proof of departure can be any of the following:
Proof of Departure Within 2 Weeks
Copy of your flight itinerary from your travel agent, airline, or online booking company/copy of plane ticket. A print out of he confirmation email that you are emailed after booking a flight is ideal.
Note: many acceptance agents require a flight itinerary indicating that you are traveling in 2 weeks or less. If you do not have a flight itinerary showing that you depart in less than 2 weeks, we recommend calling the acceptance agent that you plan to visit to determine what they will accept in lieu of a flight itinerary (letter explaining travel, itinerary with proof of travel in more than 2 weeks, etc). Read more about proof of travel, and examples of what may be acceptable proof of travel on our blog before proceeding if you do not have a flight itinerary showing a departure date in the next 2 weeks.
- Passports are valid for different lengths of time depending on where you are in your gender transition.
- Your physician determines what “appropriate clinical treatment” is. This definition and verbiage has been designated by the US State Department, and not by OfficeLocal.
- The verbage of your physician’s letter will determine whether you are issued a 2 year passport or a 10 year passport. 2 year passports are often issued to individuals still in transition, whereas 10 year passports are issued to individuals who have completed transition.
- Please read this blog article for additional information